8.04.2003

Somehow, I let my childhood slip between my fingers. When you are 12, and everyone still treats you like a baby, the only thing you want is to grow up and not have to sit at the kids table anymore. Thats all I wanted. I refused to order off the childs menu probably around 10, I protested the kids table one Christmas when I was 11...I just wanted to grow up. Every year of my life was just one step closer to being able to drive, or go to rated R movies, or being an adult...I didnt care, I just wanted to get older. Now that it seems like that stage of my life is over, I just want to go back. I was laughing with my brother the other day and just wondering how much longer this can last. I know my brother and sister will always be my brother and sister...but at what point do we stop being "The Hagen kids", or...I dont even know how to describe it. When do we stop being...kids...I guess. I dont want to lose that. I like living with my family, and now I am leaving and I know I will be back...but from that point on, home will only be a hiatus. Ill come back during breaks just to leave again. I may come back later on and stay for a while...but probably only until I get a job, or a place of my own. It starts now, and things can never be the same. I always hated having to go to my dads house too...and now I may not have to much anymore. I used to think that I would be so excited..not having to worry about whose house I would be living at on the weekend. Now it just makes me sad. I only have 1 weekend left at my dads and 1 at my moms until I leave. My dad apparently is going to make my room into an office. Now Im supposed to be a grown up...but Im starting to like the kids table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home